[caption id="" align="alignright" width="480" caption="Fruits, Beans, Whole Grain Rice, Honey etc."][/caption]
- Crunchy Snack: Eat some nuts and/or seeds. Roasted nuts, Raw nuts, the less sodium the better... Walnuts, almond and pistachios are great nuts; sunflower and pumpkin are great seeds. You will grow to love these and they are great for your heart (as long as they are not heavy on the salt).
- Worst Cookie: Drop the cookies altogether and eat a rice cake with almond butter and a bit raw honey. It will soothe your sweet tooth and be good for you as well!
- Worst yogurt and ice cream alternatives: Make a smoothie with frozen blueberries, almond milk and hemp seed or ground flax seed; if you need a little sweetener add some honey
- Worst condiment: Don't eat either of the syrups listed. Use 100% pure Maple syrup and only in moderation; avoid sugar free stuff that is full of artificial (chemical) sweeteners.
- Worst drinks: They have two "fruity" drinks here and one is definitely a lot worse. However to really be healthy you need to learn how to enjoy water! ( I like it with the juice from 1/2 of a lemon); your body was built to drink water.
- Pantry Items: eat a piece of whole wheat toast with a little Smart Spread; it is a great snack... especially if you add some not pantry items like fresh tomato and avocado.
- Frozen Entrees: Don't eat them at all... they are generally so far removed from their natural state that it is easy to do much better wo/ spending too much time. Replace the frozen dinner with the tomato/avocado toast above!
- Pasta: make the switch to whole grain pasta... you'll grow to not even notice the difference.
- There are several items on frozen foods... drop them all... eat frozen fruits and vegetables, but ignore all the junk that has been cooked then frozen. Significant nutrition has long since left those foods after being cooked, frozen, then microwaved! WHAAAAAT??!! This food is cruel and unusual food in terms of nutrition.
So... eat this (natural foods like fruits, vegetables, salads, nuts, whole grains, beans, & lean protein), not that (really bad stuff) or that (better stuff, but still not that great!)
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="480" caption="Honey, Maple Syrup, Almond Butter"][/caption]