The goal of this juice fast is to test if heavy juicing can help me break through some health issues I've been experiencing over the last several months. The theory is that juicing nutrient dense vegetables will flood the body with much needed vitamins and minerals while drastically reducing the amount of energy expended on digestion.
I am not sure how long the juice fast (juice feast) will last. It will at least last three days (Fri-Sun) but I would like it to last much longer. The duration will depend on how my body is feeling and on my weight. I am already very thin from losing about 20 lbs. earlier in the year so my body does not have the normal amount of reserves that most people have. My current weight is 160 lbs; if I drop below 150 I will definitely need to break the fast.
On my first day I consumed ~5 1/2 quarts of juice (that is almost 1.5 gallons); this was split up into 6 different juices:
- Green Juice (9 am, 32 oz): Romaine and green leaf lettuce, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, red and green cabbage, green apple
- Carrot, Beet (root and tops), Green apple (11 am, 32 oz)
- Carrot juice (1 pm, 16 oz)
- Green Juice (3 pm 32 oz): Romaine and green leaf lettuce, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, green cabbage, green apple, celery, dandelion greens
- Master Cleanse Juice (4 pm, 32 oz): Lemon juice, cayenne pepper, pure maple syrup, distilled water
- Carrot, Beet (root and tops), Green apple (6 pm, 32 oz)
Current Weight: 160 lbs
I will discuss the supplements that I'm taking in a future post.
Enjoy your labor day grill out... While you are enjoying your burgers there is a good chance that I'll be drinking some kind of vegetable juice!